Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Those Annoying Security Warnings

So I updated my blog to the new Blogger Beta. (I didn't realize it was still in beta when I did so, though!) There are a few cool new features, like categories (finally!), but now Internet Explorer (not Firefox) gives all kinds of annoying pop-up "Security Information" windows on the comments pages.

Please be patient with that. Hopefully Blogger will resolve the issue. In the meantime, as far as I can tell the only thing you miss out on if you decline to show the "nonsecure items" is the beautiful photos of the comments' authors.

I seem to be having to log in more, also, rather than having the website recognize me.

Let me know if there are any other annoyances or inconveniences, and I can think about possible work-arounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,
Doesn't blogger-beta also have option to put a list of recent comments on the side bar?
That would be helpful for readers to notice a comment on some older post.

Eric Schwitzgebel said...

That would be a nice feature. I looked for it, but not assiduously, and didn't find it. How confident are you that there is a such a feature?

Anonymous said...

How sure am I?
That post where you wrote about the Best-Guess phenomenon, and giving the lost tourists wrong directions... That much sure.
Anyway, I opened a dummy account on blogger to check, and I couldn't find such thing either.
One thing that is possible to do is to add a feed url component, and set the feed url to: http://schwitzsplinters.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default
But it only supports up to five links, and doesn't show the titles of the posts, but part of the comment, so not very good.